Your Harlen will ship within 1-2 weeks, and we offer complementary shipping on all orders. We ship via FedEx, and a signature is required. (Of course, if you need a customized delivery solution, please contact us.) We will keep you apprised of shipping, tracking, and delivery status via email. Please note: At the moment, we ship only within the United States. Please join The List for updates on international expansion.
RETURNS + REFUNDS
Harlen offers a 30-day return window with complementary return shipping. Our pieces are durable, not precious, so move your work life in and try out your new Harlen. We just ask that you return the piece in the condition that it came to you—in other words, roll your wheeled piece on carpet or another clean surface, not the sidewalk—and please include the Italian dustbag and custom product box. We recommend reusing the shipping box, as it is designed around the product box, but feel free to choose any shipping box you like. If you do choose to return the piece, simply contact us for a return FedEx label.
A Harlen modern careerpiece is designed to require minimal care. Because you have better things to do. Care information follows and is also included with your piece.
Leather: To remove dust, simply wipe with a microfiber cloth. If it becomes wet, blot and let air-dry.
- Lining: Dust with a clean, dry cloth. Spilled liquids bead and can be blotted. If the lining ever has a stain, please contact us for care instructions.
- Hardware: Wipe with a damp cloth. Shine with silver polish on a dry cloth.
- American alligator: Avoid getting the piece wet. If it gets wet, let it dry naturally. Take care when using hand creams or body lotions, as their residues could darken or discolor the piece. Polish with a dry cotton cloth.
- Tibetan fur: Dust off the fur or vacuum it gently on the lowest setting with a hand-held attachment to remove debris. If it gets wet, simply shake off the moisture and let it air-dry.
- Store your Harlen modern careerpiece in its dustbag, away from humidity, moisture, or direct sunlight.
We take great pride in using sustainable materials that embody durability and style. We source our materials exclusively from Italy. Our Italian leathers and Tibetan furs (which also come to us by way of an Italian atelier) are by-products of the food industry. The transformation of rough hides into stunning leathers allows for recovery and reuse of what would otherwise be additional waste. This rich history of leather production dates back well over 1,000 years. We work exclusively with Italian tanneries that have existed for generations in one of the cradles of leather innovation in Italy and that also serve as leaders in environmental and social responsibility. Among other things, they adhere to the quality standards and environmental regulations set out by UNI EN ISO 9001 and UNI EN ISO 14001. Our American alligator is sourced from one of the finest firms in Milan, and the materials themselves are sourced exclusively through the Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries' sustained-use management and conservation program. The American alligator is not endangered or threatened anywhere in the United States, and the Louisiana program certifies to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service on an annual basis that there is no detriment to the species.
Harlen is committed to our clients' happiness. If you have any questions or concerns about your Harlen, please contact us for assistance. Harlen is committed to resolving any issues that may arise.